Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Oh!! And my heavens, I can't believe I forgot to mention!!

I might be going to see a Cavalia show!!!

*SCREAM*

Ahem....I am calm now. :P

Cavalia is similar to Cirque du Soleil- only it's all about horses! Here's the description on the site:

"Cavalia is a fresh mix of equestrian and performing arts, multimedia and special effects. Conceived by Normand Latourelle and often labelled an equestrian ballet, Cavalia is a spectacular and moving tribute to the relationship between men and horses throughout history, a dream of freedom, cooperation and harmony. In a fairy tale setting filled with poetry and emotion, the show innovatively integrates acrobatics, dance, aerial stunts, live music and equestrian arts. Under the largest Big Top on earth, a 50-metre stage permits the horses to express themselves in all their splendour, nobility and strength, often completely free."

I watched some videos and looked at some pictures, and it looks so beautiful!! There was one video where a lady has eight horses at liberty on the stage. She was having them circle around her (circling game), and was having them pivot, change direction, come in, etc. It cool to see how she used her body- the same way Parelli teaches. Step back and send the other way to change direction, step back and disengage the hind quarters to come in....the only cue I missed was the pivot. I'm not sure how she got them to do that. She was so refined that it was really hard to see exactly how she was doing it.

Anyway, the horses look amazing, the costumes look amazing, the place looks amazing, the emotion look amazing.....I'm going. Yes, it's pricey, but I'm going. I'm not sure how I'll get there, but I'm going. :P We're hoping to have a bunch of people from 4-H go to, so maybe we can get a group rate?

No comments:

Post a Comment