Monday, December 17, 2012

THE HOBBIT

*deep breath*

WE WENT TO SEE THE HOBBIT YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOILER ALERT:
If you haven't seen the movie, don't read this. I'm going to review. ;)

*another deep breath*

IT WAS FLIPPING AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS PERFECT AND I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW WONDERFUL IT IS AND I'M GOING TO GO BACK TO THE THEATER AND SEE IT AGAIN BECAUSE I CAN'T WAIT ANOTHER 6 MONTHS FOR IT TO COME OUT ON BLU-RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho.

The movie was, of course, of superior quality. The CG effects, astonishing. The actors, incredible. But the big worry for me was: "will it follow the book?" The answer: "just about!!"

Of course, it's a movie. They have to change some things, otherwise it'll be a box-office flop. This is simply because the majority tastes of the world change over time, and the Hobbit was written a loooong time ago. No, I don't know the exact year off the top of my head....alas, I don't have time to be that big of a nerd anymore. :(

But anyway, they really did an excellent job at following the book, for the most part! There were a few battles that were emphasized in the movie that weren't in the book, and for some reason, they didn't have the dwarves wearing their colored hoods when they came in to Bag-End! D: But oh well, that's minor, I suppose. Still....it was one of my favorite parts of the book. That and the three trolls....hilarious in both the book and the movie!!

The one thing I'm still not sure about is this Pale Orc thing....Azog. In the book, Azog the Defiler doesn't come in until the end I believe....at the Battle of 5 Armies. But in this first part of The Hobbit, he's a main character. He hates Thorin because Thorin is the dwarf prince that chopped off his hand, and Thorin hates Azog because Azog beheaded his grandfather. So, in the movie they have some of these little stare off moments that were a little close to over kill for me....still, I can't complain.

May I just say this: they could have picked no one better to play Bilbo than Martin Freeman. 'Nuff said. No arguement. HE WAS PERFECT!!!! AHHH!!!! I loved him! He was just perfect!!!

AND I SERIOUSLY SQUEALED OUT LOUD WHEN LEE PACE CAME ONSCREEN THE FIRST TIME. LEE PACE PLAYS THRANDUIL, AND HE'S PERFECTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to die when Legolas comes into all this. He's supposed to be in the next movie I think. *passes out*

And man....who knew dwarves could be so good looking?? Jus' sayin'....Thorin and Kili are adorbs. :P And so is Dwalin.

So, yes. Anyway, I'm going back to the theater hopefully this week to see the movie again. I give it a 999 on a scale of 1-10. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment