Friday, April 27, 2012

My own little devo. :P

Thought I'd share this here. This is actually a little bloggy post thingy from another site that I'm a member of,  www.newreleasetuesday.com. If you're a Christina music freak, then you need to visit this site! Special album previews, artist profiles, downloadable music, music videos....all kinds of stuff there!

Anyway, I'm not the best writer, and I'm especially bad at devotional type writing....but this is the best I've ever done, I think. Except for that one about the rain and the horse show and the really nice dude....okay, I'll post that one soon. x) Here it is:

______________________
My heavens, it's been a while! Such a crazy life! Which leads me to this, my latest blog post....

Picture Perfect.

Those words have been ringing through my head ever since I thought of them a few weeks ago. Those words might not surprise you, coming out of a minor photography geek ( :P ), but I know they surprised me.
Let me explain myself.

I can tell I've changed lately. I'm impatient, I'm worried, I'm trying to look different....I'm trying to be picture perfect. I'm trying to be that way because that's the way the world wants me to be.

But I've decided that I don't want to look that way. I don't wanna be picture perfect. Or at least, the world's version of picture perfect.

The words came to me on a late night trip to the barn (as stated above). I was driving along, with some good ol' Thousand Foot Krutch blasting. The weather was beautiful that night, so we had the windows down. You know how you get those moments when your just happy? You don't have a care in the world, and you can't help but smile over nothing and think about how good things are? That's how I felt that night. I realized that I hadn't felt that way in a while, and that it felt good. I felt like everything was perfect at that moment- picture perfect.

That got me to thinking. I realized that to be picture perfect is great- depending on what your picture is made up of. If your picture is full of drugs, sex, and other crap, then I'm sorry, but I don't want to be looking at it. If your picture is full of Jesus though....then you've got it made. :)

I started thinking (heavens, I sure do a lot of 'thinking' and 'realizing') about what my picture looks like- and you know what, I was surprised at what I saw. Sure, it wasn't the worst picture ever, but it needed some serious editing. (Heh heh, getting nerdy here! :P) There were blemishes all over the edges that needed to be retouched, and it needed some serious sharpening. The contrast was all messed up as well. And the camera flash had highlighted a few things that I really didn't want to see. At all.

So, yes, I've edited. And guess what? I feel a mile high! My picture may not be perfect yet, but it's on the way! And when it's done developing, it'll be perfect.
Picture Perfect.
For real this time.

So, I don't have a bible verse to go with this. But if anybody else does, feel free to say it! I need to hear it!

Hope you enjoyed reading my nerdy little post. I've been meaning to share this for a while, but I suffer from "it's-not-good-enough syndrome", which is also something I'm trying to edit out of my life. :)
Ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment